[SWLUG] swlug site

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Tue Oct 8 09:03:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 21:05 +0100, Matthew Moore wrote:
> So far no one seems to have volunteered a WordPress design.  With that in
> mind, I think that we should put some effort into getting this sorted out
> now and not letting it fester.
>
> Justin - would you be able to either grant access to a server or to change
> the DNS to a server which folk can have a login to, aka Matt W's suggestion
> of having a Amazon S3 server.  Or github pages?

I already setup a new VM for people to have their experiments in, but
well all we have so far is an unused wordpress.

I will happily give someone login details to that if they are going to
get a an actual working site going. just email me off-list.

I think keeping static pages in a repository is a really dumb idea,
working with raw html all the time is just asking for a big mess further
down the road.

I felt the offered single static page was a little bit too minimalist,
there wasn't any visual clues on how you could ever expand it to more
than one page without having to start again from scratch.

I was planning to use the stylings of the offered page, but adapt it to
a more expandable layout, and use it as the theme for a pmwiki, but i
just haven't had the time to do that yet as i have been busy with the
local hackspace.