[SWLUG] Fwd: Celebrate GNU's big "three-o" (fwd)

Hugh Mayfield hugh.mayfield at SDF.ORG
Sat Sep 14 22:07:13 UTC 2013

Hi all, I have re-subscribed to the list with my new email address.  Do
check out SDF as below, it's super cool.  It's a public access NetBSD
system that you can access through ssh.

Would there be any interest in holding a GNU 30th birthday bash in
Cardiff?  I was thinking we could have a stall in the city centre with
cake, GNU + Linux disks to take away, people to talk and evangelise about
GNU, etc.

I realise this would involve substantial effort but I think it would be a
cool thing to do.

As a side note, I'm thinking of burning off a series of Gnewsense GNU +
Linux disks so I can carry them with me and hand them out to people I
meet.  I thought I would write my phone number on them so people can call
me for support.  (and I'll probably post to this list asking questions
when I don't know the answers, lol!)

Best wishes and happy weekend

Hugh

hugh.mayfield at sdf.org