[SWLUG] Fwd: Celebrate GNU's big "three-o" (fwd)

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Mon Sep 16 09:13:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-09-16 at 10:01 +0100, Peredur wrote:
> El 16/09/13 09:17, Justin Mitchell escribió:
>
> > That would be good - who maintains the website??
> > me.
> >
> > It runs Mambo content management system.
>
> Seems to me that we need some way of making decisions about the GNU
> celebration and that we don't widen this into a discussion of the
> current website.
>
> For the point at issue, we just need to decide (on the website front)
> whether to use the existing site and how.  But first we need to decide
> what we're going to do.  If anything about the celebration.  Once
> that's done we can decide what's needed on the web.

Given that we are already half way through the celebration month there
isn't time to do very much beyond stick a notice up about it, or a
tweaked banner image or something else quick.

> Do we have a mechanism for making decisions like this?  If not, should
> we create one?  If so, how would we do that?

There are no formal anythings.

Argue it out on the mailing list, or create a poll on the website,
whatever works for you.