[Swlug] DNS - do A & AAAA conflict with CNAME?

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Fri Aug 8 14:00:53 UTC 2014

Thanks for all the replies!

Some people say CNAMES are bad; others that they are OK.

Justin said that if a CNAME is found the As and AAAAs will be ignored.

Since I'm asking Google to make the website at diffpdf.appname.com look
like it is www.qtrac.eu then I kind of feel that having the CNAMEs might
be better because they aren't tied to any particular IP and leave Google
to do the mapping dynamically however it likes.

And the thing is, both of my sites now work.

I'm a novice at DNS (and am happy to leave it to Google), so I don't
care about "niceness" etc (as I would with code:-) only that it works.

Thanks:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    Python and PyQt/PySide - training and consultancy