[Swlug] SWLUG Talks: Provisionally Saturday 20th September, Founders Hub, Cardiff

Mark Einon mark.einon at linux.com
Tue Aug 12 13:27:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've provisionally booked Founders Hub in central Cardiff for the 20th
September for a series of talks. Admission will be free.

Now we have a location, we need some presentations.

I suggest three 20 minute talks, or two 20 minute talks and a couple of 10
minute talks. Topics must about Linux and its uses. I'd like to avoid generally
web programming related topics such as web frameworks as they're already well
served by unified diff each month at the same location.

If you have a topic you'd like to present, please mail me directly to let me
know the topic with a brief synopsis, ideally in the next couple of weeks. Once
they're in I'll decide on how to choose between the different topics if there
are enough to give that luxury. It'll probably be something along the lines of
a vote by LUG members, unless there are freebies involved :D

We tried a GPG keysigning party at the last talks, in April, but ran out of
time - I think the monthly meets would be better for those, let me know if you
wish to partake in one.

I’m also interested to hear if there are any other things that people would
like to do at such a meet up?

Any suggestions and comments, please post to list or pop by the #swlug IRC
channel on the OFTC network, or mail me direct.

Cheers,

Mark