[Swlug] SWLUG Talks: Provisionally Saturday 20th September, Founders Hub, Cardiff

Iain Menzies-Runciman ming at gwndwn.org.uk
Tue Aug 26 14:02:39 UTC 2014

If anyone is interested from the list, I could cover

> * git 101
I could do Mercurial as opposed to Git

> * linux containers / docker
Docker or even Docker Vs Xen Vs VirtualBox (having just completed a bunch of research into these for high throughput networks)

> * hpc cluster mgmt
> * openstack intro

These could even be combined, as that is how I currently use them - a cluster of processing nodes on an Openstack system

From the rest of the list any of:
> * systemd intro

> * owncloud (dropbox / google drive replacement)

> * bash oneliners
> * how to compile your own kernel
> * distributed file systems

To add to the list:
Using Gstreamer for multimedia (mainly video processing in Artificial Intelligence as that is my current job - but can expand it out if people are interested)

Regards,
Ming