[Swlug] Any offers / Interest in acoustic rack and dell mainframe / blades

peter at cyionics.com peter at cyionics.com
Tue Dec 9 12:23:07 UTC 2014

Hi all

I am moving from two offices down to two and will soon have a server
system going for offers , as we don't have the space / requirement
anymore.

I have a large (I think it's 24U) silent rack (it needs two new fans
otherwise ok)
This rack was bought to that we could run servers in an office
environment and its pretty quiet.

http://www.acoustiproducts.com/en/ucoustic_active.asp

Cost about £2500 when new

be warned its very heavy, we have a lift here and good access but bear
in mind the size.

We also have a dell mainframe that takes dell blades / comes with DRAC
etc

Dell Poweredge 1855 Blade Chassis Server 10x 2.8 GHz BMX-PB PE1855 4G
Memory (I need to confirm the model no)

They all have windows server 2003 R2 x 64 1-4 cpu

Its a great system for someone who wants a server system in a normal
office but doesn't want the noise.
You do get the benefit that it heats the room in the winter :)

Any interest please email me for more info / to arrange to view
Its close to pontypool.

Peter

peter at cyionics.com