[Swlug] TomTom Start 60 / MyDriveConnect and Linux.

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Jan 22 19:38:08 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 00:20 +0000, Tony Pursell wrote:
> Hi Julian
>

> Consider reporting this on the Wine website (http://www.winehq.org/)
> AppDB and bugzilla.
>

> It might get looked at by Wine developers.

I have a Go 720, which I have had for quite a few years now. I use
Tomtom Home to update it in an XP VM. Windows 7 doesn't detect it.

Tomtom Home 1 did used to work with wine, but when Tomtom Home 2
appeared, they had done something nasty that prevented it working under
wine. I must admit I had never heard of MyDriveConnect until I read
this.

Its all very frustrating, most of the updates I want are to update the
cameras. This used to possible using the mobile connection, after
nagging about that being expensive, but that has been removed in later
software so you are forced to use a computer. Its only a few 10s of megs
at a time, not really an issue unless I am roaming.

Phil