[Swlug] Bluetooth

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Mar 17 16:04:26 UTC 2014

I played with it years ago, have some guides for setting it, binding devices etc somewhere.

These days it works out of the box.

For what you are trying to achieve running the command 'hcitool scan' periodically then parsing the output would work.

However these days I suspect few people have their devices set to be discoverable, remember bluejacking and marketing spam?

Phil
--

Sent from my Nokia N9