[Swlug] Open Rights Group Cryptoparty, this Saturday 10th May

Matt Willsher matt at monki.org.uk
Thu May 8 08:55:04 UTC 2014

The Open Rights Group are holding a Cryptoparty this Saturday, 10th May
from 1400 to 1700 at Founder Hub in Cardiff.

"The Snowden revelations have shown us how our everyday communication is
monitored and all our online activities are tracked. It's time to find out
how to protect our online communication and maintain our right to privacy.

At the Cryptoparty, you can learn how to browse the internet anonymously,
encrypt your emails and chat securely. Tech facilitators will explain how
surveillance works and how we all can protect ourselves. They will teach
useful tools such as TOR, PGP and OTR. If you bring your laptop, you will
be able to install and learn these tools step by step."

Full details are at http://www.meetup.com/ORG-Cardiff/events/177249972/