[Swlug] I come in peace

Mark Einon mark.einon at linux.com
Mon Feb 16 08:53:32 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 09:45:40PM +0000, Finley Watson wrote:
> Hello all, I'm a 16 year old Raspberry Pi enthusiast, I attend the
> Carmarthen Coderdojo (as a junior mentor) and I'm interested in
> meeting with SWLUG. I'd like to know two things- who are you all? What
> do you do at the meets? I am aware it's informal, but I'm interested
> in the topics of conversation, if you ever take stuff to show etc.
>
> I'm @welshgeekboy on Twitter, Finley Watson on Planet Earth. I hope to
> hear from you lot! :-)

Hello Finlay, and welcome!

As pointed out, we meet once a month in Cardiff and Carmarthen, but by
far the most active part of our group must be the IRC channel, where
there are generally 15+ members lurking who are most active during
working hours, 9-5 in the week.

There's a link on the website you can use to drop in and say hello,
without having to faff with an IRC client first.

Cheers,

Mark