[Swlug] Cardiff Meeting Place

Matt Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Tue Jun 2 18:33:08 UTC 2015

Folks,

There have been suggestions about moving the Cardiff meet to somewhere
with food.  Despite the City Arms being an excellent real ale pub and a
nice low key venue to meet at (as well as being near the train station)
it sadly doesn't do food.  I really want to avoid going back to a spoons
personally and don't really fancy the walk back to Central Bar.
Personally I'm happy with the City Arms and can't really see the need to
move, but if others are keen then I'm ok.

So here's a few suggestions (which have been discussed on IRC):

Cozy Club - food and ok beer
Zero Degrees - food and good beer
Urban Taphouse - food and good beer
Corner House - food and ok beer

Also I do think that there's some milage in going for a more inclusive
and totally non-pub venue.  So as another idea:

Starbucks (several of them are open till 8pm) followed by one of the
many resturants in Cardiff for a meal.  But that does mean while there
is no booze, you'll have to be able to buy food.

Any other suggestions/thoughts?

No replies means we stick with City Arms btw ;)

Cheers,

Matt