[Swlug] Cardiff Meeting Place

phantomjinx p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 19:27:22 UTC 2015

Definitely +1 for place with food.

Also, I must be getting old but at that time of the evening (and driving) I would prefer a cup of
coffee to a pint.

Still wondering about the whole "select a topic for discussion" agenda that was discussed some
months back. Kind of making it more an event rather than "meeting mates down the pub".

Meeting next Tuesday so decision to be made by ... Thurdsay? Friday?

PGR

On 02/06/15 19:33, Matt Moore wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There have been suggestions about moving the Cardiff meet to somewhere with food.  Despite the
> City Arms being an excellent real ale pub and a nice low key venue to meet at (as well as being
> near the train station) it sadly doesn't do food.  I really want to avoid going back to a
> spoons personally and don't really fancy the walk back to Central Bar. Personally I'm happy
> with the City Arms and can't really see the need to move, but if others are keen then I'm ok.
>
> So here's a few suggestions (which have been discussed on IRC):
>
> Cozy Club - food and ok beer Zero Degrees - food and good beer Urban Taphouse - food and good
> beer Corner House - food and ok beer
>
> Also I do think that there's some milage in going for a more inclusive and totally non-pub
> venue. So as another idea:
>
> Starbucks (several of them are open till 8pm) followed by one of the many resturants in Cardiff
> for a meal.  But that does mean while there is no booze, you'll have to be able to buy food.
>
> Any other suggestions/thoughts?
>
> No replies means we stick with City Arms btw ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt

- --
Paul Richardson

  * p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
  * p.g.richardson at redhat.com
  * pgrichardson at linux.com

"I know exactly who reads the papers ...

  * The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country.
  * The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country.
  * The Times is read by people who do actually run the country.
  * The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country.
  * The Financial Times is read by the people who own the country.
  * The Morning Star is read by the people who think the country ought to be run by another country.
  * The Daily Telegraph is read by the people who think it is."

Jim Hacker, Yes Minister