[Swlug] VirtualBox and MS Office 2013

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 00:42:07 UTC 2015

On Monday 02 Nov 2015 13:42:48 Davage, Marcus wrote:
> When I log onto my Linux account and fire up VBox, Office works fine.
> When my wife logs onto her Linux account on the same machine and fires up
> VBox (same VM disks, shared dir, same umasks, same groups, same
> permissions) and then tries Office, it complains that it isn't licenced for
> that machine.
>
> Any ideas how I can surmount this please? Google provides more false hits
> than a school bully at dinner time.
if you are using the same vm disk - vdi file i guess? then it's possible that
your wife is in effect putting the virtual hard drive into an otherwise
identical virtual machine - hardwarewise-  that will nevertheless have some
unique identifiers attached to it, mac address, other ids maybe.
has your wife launched virtualbox and run the actual machine - vbox file- that
you use?

bascule