[Swlug] Cardiff venues (again)

Chris Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 22:03:08 UTC 2015

While we've thankfully missed the rugby, it looks like next Tuesday
coincides with Wales' final Euro qualifying match against Andorra.
Those flippin' upstarts at UEFA, eh?  While I was in the Glassworks at
the weekend, I noticed that they did have a couple of tellies, but the
place didn't seem too busy for the early matches on Saturday.  I might
pop in this week and ask them how busy they were last time.

I also paid a visit to the Corner House.  Drinks were a bit pricey
(particularly if anyone needs to stay on the soft stuff), and there
was music, albeit not obnoxiously loud.  There is food, but it's in a
separate dining area upstairs.

On 2 September 2015 at 18:33, Mark Einon <mark.einon at linux.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 05:38:17PM +0100, Chris Jackson wrote:
>>    September 8th is past approaching.  We could do with picking a spot for
>>    that, and one for October, where we've sneaked into the brief gap between
>>    the pools and the knockout phase of the Rugby World Cup.
>>
>>    Any suggestions?
>
> The Glassworks pub has been mooted as a suitable venue (They do a mixed grill too!).
>
> http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-cardiff/TheGlassworks-pub/
>
> It's just around the corner from The Hayes, used to be a Slug and Lettuce?
>
> I'll stick it on G+ tomorrow as the venue unless any further discussion happens.
>
> Mark

Chris Jackson