[Swlug] FOSDEM 2017 4th and 5th Feb 2017

matt matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Tue Aug 23 19:45:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm quite keen to attend a big techie conference.  As FOSDEM 2017 is
coming up in a few months time, that's awfully tempting.  Would anyone
else be interested?

There's a wide range of talks, lightning talks, devrooms for all
languages and a lot of OS stuff as well.  So it's good for anyone really.

The conference itself is on Sat 4th and Sun 5th of Feb 2017.  It's held
in Brussels at the university.  I've looked around for flights and it's
about £80 depending as to where you want to fly from.  Bit more if you
want to pick your seat.  As I'm enough of a plane geek that I'd like to
fly in a Dash 8 Q400, I'll probably get the train up to Birmingham, as
that's where FlyBe (operating for Brussels Airlines) fly Dash 8s to
Brussels from.

Rooms aren't particularly cheap, but there are some cheap and cheerful
places which aren't that expensive.

More details here:- https://fosdem.org/2017/ (including accommodation
details)

Also obviously as it's Brussels there's lots of good beer and food.

So who's keen?

Cheers,

Matt