[Westlothian] call for help

stealth banana stealth.banana at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 01:59:59 BST 2004

Anyone about Livingston that can help?

With West Lothians excellent electricity distribution system I
suffered a power surge that utterly screwed my comp.  Well I say
screwed, just the root partition was fried (unrecoverable error), so
all I lost was the config data.  I do not know what happened but the
DVD I had in the drive was my debian DVD, and it also got fried.

If anyone has recent cd's or DVD for debian sarge going spare I would
me very appreciative (I'll buy you a pint or 2).

I am stuck on 56K, and downloading the lot is a wee bit time consuming .

I could go reinstall woody and do a dist-upgrade (only the base system
bit of the DVD got fried) but dist upgrade is flaky at its best.

And what is most annoying is I was about to do a full system backup as
well, it was only my root partition that got shagged, I saved all my
data, so I am not looking for blood, just  boot cd.

Anyway, this is me afetr a few beers to drown my sorrows, hope I make sense