[Westlothian] Re: Westlothian Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

stealth banana stealth.banana at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 21:33:14 BST 2004

Panic Over.

It was me, I was trying to keep my old /var partition, unfortunately I
forgot that it holds all the old dpkg data and so it was trying to
compare what was left of my old installation, with the new (which is a
bit of a downgrade) and so was throwing up errors that looked like the
DVD was corrupt.

Just booted up a rescue cd, deleted the offending files and hey
presto, I am debian again.

I am now banging my head against a wall for the rest of the night for
being so silly.