[Westwales] Re: [Westwales]Generic 56K modem

Jonathan West westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 23 21:19:01 2003

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, John Richards wrote:

> Where do you make this "setserial" change? In the Console it is rejected.
> "Setserial" is not a recognised command, though "set serial . . . " was
> accepted. Or does it need to be programmed into LILO or some such file? If
> so where does this reside? I can't find it in any directory.
>

> Best wishes
>
> John

Hi John.
sorry.. you should run it as root from the terminal and you can put the
command in your startup scripts I don't know how Mandrake handles this so
 someone else will have to tell you that.
In Red Hat you can put the command in rc.local so it is maybe the same
setserial is in /bin/ ( on this system)
Cheers
Jon