[Westwales] Linux with XP

John Bailey wwlug at anotherdimension.net
Thu Apr 20 23:15:56 BST 2006

> Or, possibly, using cygwin might be better for you. Correct me if I'm
> wrong, but I believe Cygwin circumvents the NTFS problems.

Yep, it does, and it even maps Unix-y file permissions ontop of NTFS.
Not wanting to stray too far off-topic, but Cygwin's pretty great (MSYS
also good, DJGPP I've had problems with) - I use it at work for most of my
desktop development including cross-compilation via GCC, Perl scripting,
and generally having an rxvt with bash/sed/awk/grep/etc environment on
2k/XP.

</plug>

John