[Wiltshire] Meetings for absolute beginners

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Tue Apr 29 21:46:18 BST 2008

On Tuesday 29 Apr 2008, Ciemon Dunville wrote:

> I don't agree with you there Dave.
>
> I think it's very important to ensure that people are aware of the
> group, The group brings varying levels of expertise and experience
> that can help with most thing Linux, and if no-one here knows the
> answer, then I'm sure we can find someone who does know.

We do make it clear that we're not there to provide free support for ever,
just help people get started and maybe demonstrate techniques later, such as
doing digital photography using Linux, which we did a couple of meetings ago.
Last month the specific enquiry was about setting up a subversion server,
which is something that I can offer advice upon.

Everybody is told about places such as the Kubuntu list, Wiltshire LUG etc and
encouraged to join. Don't know if anybody has, though.

Dave

--

FACT - Millions of people worldwide continue to pay money to the richest
person in the world to use his products, even though perfectly good software

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763