[Wiltshire] Peoples' experience with movie-editing, stitching, converting tools... ?

Simon Iremonger wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Mon Aug 18 11:11:52 UTC 2008

A friend of mine is having all sorts of havoc with dealing with
   videos from their new camera whick outputs MOV (quicktime?)
   files... They no longer work in the old windows-movie-maker.

I am actually interested it what sort of programs people use
   to edit, convert, stitch videos (including still flames
   and many input-formats) ... ?

Apparently the (uugh!) 'windows movie maker' is akin to the
   sort of tool, but thats' unstable, inflexible, windows-only,
   non-free seemingly!

I've heard of 'cinelarra' -- does anybody use this? how
   well does it work? etc...

What other video editing/converting/stitching programs do people
   out there use on (any OS) ?  What actually works?

I heard there was some very good GPL software for converting
   videos for display on many portable-players... but thats'
   not a full editor..

Let me know ;-).

--Simon