[Wiltshire] Peoples' experience with movie-editing, stitching, converting tools... ?

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Mon Aug 18 12:25:27 UTC 2008

Simon Iremonger wrote:
> I've heard of 'cinelarra' -- does anybody use this? how
>    well does it work? etc...

Oops .. just found the original mail.

I have used Cinelerra quite a bit. It is a Linux only tool and does some
stunningly powerful stuff. It is, as would be expected a bit hungry on
CPU cycles, but nothing a 2GHz-ish machine can't handle. It is best used
with a current distro. It is, I'm afraid, a little unstable, and will
lock up or vapourise quite regularly, however if you regularly save your
work, you can just fire it right back up again. I think the worst thing
about it is that the interface takes a but of getting used to, but there
are a number of online tutorials which will get you going.

Hope this helps

Andy M

          Andrew Meredith BEng CEng CITP MBCS MIET
	 http://www.anvil.org    andrew at anvil.org