[Wiltshire] Apache Authentication Help

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Fri Feb 22 13:29:02 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Nice to see the list is back working again!  Now, on to business....

I have apache running on my home lan and some ports open on my router so
that it is also accessible from the outside world.  What I'd like is to
have certain sites password protected but only when accessed from the
outside world.

For example I have mythweb installed and what I'd like is to be able to
view it without having to enter a username/password when I'm at home using
a PC on my (W)LAN, but to be prompted for a password if I try to access it
from work (or anywhere else on the internet).

Is this possible?  If so how would I go about doing it? And links /
pointers appreciated.

Thanks!
Robert.