[Wiltshire] Mythtv and DVB-C with NTL / Virgin / UK Cable

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Fri Feb 22 19:06:05 GMT 2008

Robert wrote:
> Andrew Meredith wrote:
>>
>> Getting the channels on cable is part one of the problem, part two is
>> getting a feed of program data. You can use the mythfilldatabase tool
>> with the usual add-ons, but there might be a better way.
>
> Getting listing data isn't really a problem.  Xmltv gets it quite nicely
> from the RT website.

Sure .. I use this for my Sky channel .. it's just a fag and a point of
failure. It is also far more often inaccurate and out of date than
Freeview EPG in my experience.

> Sadly where I live I can't get freeview - hence all the messing about
> with satellite dishes and maybe cable.  I would much rather have a dual
> DVB-T card, but it's just not an option :-(  Freeview isn't coming to
> Swindon for a few years yet.

You can't get Freeview in Swindon ??!!??!! You're kidding !!!

Have you actually tried ? Do you want to ?

Andy M

          Andrew Meredith BEng CEng CITP MBCS MIET
                          Director
                    http://www.anvil.org
                 The Anvil Organisation Ltd.
          andrew at anvil.org      +44 (0) 1249 460560
     Open Source Systems Mentoring for Small Businesses