[Wiltshire] Mythtv and DVB-C with NTL / Virgin / UK Cable

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Sat Feb 23 13:21:20 GMT 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 12:17 +0000, Andrew Meredith wrote:
> Robert wrote:
> >
> > No.  And yes I've tried.
>
> Wow .. I'd have thought Swindon would have been way further up the list
> than that !!

Sadly not.  Swindon seems to be last on the list for most things.  I'm
just thankful that I'm in an area that gets broadband!  Two people at
work recently moved to North Swindon to find that there was no broadband
there in the _newly built_ area!  I think they have got it now, but it's
crazy really.

> > According to freeview.co.uk, some channels are available, but not C4 or
> > Five or the ITV channels.  At least not until switchover in 2010.
>
> So all the ones we were discussing earlier. Sounds like it isn't worth
> trying for anyway.

I'll give freeview a miss for now I think.  I might have another go with
the ariel in the loft, but it sounds like I'd need a big pole on top of
the house, and I'd have to get someone else to install that, which
wouldn't be cheap.  I get most channels that I want, just not in great
quality!  Hopefully the freesat offering will eventually bring C4, Five,
and some others to FTA satellite.

I might investigate the cable route at some point as well.

Robert.