[Wiltshire] Libstdc++ versions

Lashley, Malcolm mlashley at sonusnet.com
Tue Feb 26 19:31:21 GMT 2008

Sorry for the out of order reply from earlier - if you are concerned
about breaking the box - emerge the lib-compat that's in the
(non-current) portage tree (assuming the distfiles still exist - if not
give me a shout - I might be able to help (depends on how recently I
cleaned my local distfiles mirror).

If you fear b0rkage - use 'emerge --buildpkgonly' to build the software
and create a tarball, but NOT install anything to the system - you can
then untar that to a directory of your choice, set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
accordingly - and you should be ok to go.

If you prefer - I also have an old gentoo box (x86) that has it
installed - I'm happy to post a quickpkg/tbz online for you.

Cheers,
Malc.