[Wiltshire] Meeting places

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Tue Jun 10 13:50:03 BST 2008

At 13:03 10/06/2008, you wrote:
>G'Day,
>

>Anyway... Rant over for today.
>
>Simon

OK I'll have one as well:-

As I said a couple of weeks ago, if folks want to organise extra
meetings, then somebody needs to be there at the start time, every time.

Last night when I arrived at around 21:00, there was already two new
people waiting to talk to somebody. Nobody else arrived until, what
was it? 21:30? If I'd not been able to attend last night, the new
ones would have probably given it up as a bad job and gone home.

So, as well as the meeting venues, I think we should have at least a
couple of designated representatives who live locally to each venue
and can be relied upon to turn up on time. I don't mind in the least
doing this - I'm usually the first to arrive anyway - but there needs
to be one or two more so that there's always somebody there when, for
instance, I'm away on holiday. Maybe it would also be a good idea to
have an email address listed against each venue, for contacting the
specific representatives for that venue without joining the list. I
could organise this, but if the members think it's a good idea, I'd
like to see some sort of commitment before going to the trouble of
setting it up.

Now that Linux is starting to get into the shops, in the form of the
Asus EEE for starters, and therefore exposed to the general public
who mostly have never heard of it, I really think that we as a group
ought to be getting our act together.

Dave