[Wiltshire] Meeting places

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Tue Jun 10 22:47:12 BST 2008

On Tuesday 10 Jun 2008, Robert wrote:
> On Tue, June 10, 2008 1:49 pm, David Fletcher wrote:
>
> That sounds like a fairly good idea to me - a representative with a
> penguin(!?) and maybe some mug shots on the website of representatives who
> will be at meetings so new attendees can recognise the group when they
> arrive (or do you/we have a big banner or something??)
This is the closest I can see:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INFLATABLE-PENGUIN-36-92cm-NEW_W0QQitemZ140240278270QQihZ004QQcategoryZ109249QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

> I must admit, although I've been on the mailing list for a few years now,
> I've never been to any of the LUG meetings.  Partly because I don't like
> hanging around in pubs on my own waiting for people I've never met / seen
> / don't know who they or even if anyone will turn up.
>
> And partly because 9pm is a bit of a late start when it's work the next day.
The way I see it is, Monday is a good evening because it's going to be
relatively quiet, and, well, a couple of beers with some mates is something
to look forward to at the end of Monday. And it's better to start late
because it's not good to go to the pub early then have to drive to work the
next day.

> I know there there is the other side of the argument that people want to
> have time to get home / have tea / etc and I understand that as well.  But
> if meetings don't start until 9:30 in reality then thats just too late for
> me.  If they started a little earlier like 8 / 8:30 then I might be
> tempted to start coming along...
>
> Robert.

So is anybody else going to volunteer to be a Swindon Representative? No point
in having just the one, so how about it folks? A little commitment to the
cause?

Dave

--

FACT - Millions of people worldwide continue to pay money to one of the
richest companies in the world for its products, even though perfectly good

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763