[Wiltshire] Linux meeting in Swindon

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 10:48:34 BST 2008

>From one who is good at 'mucking up' my systems, a basic tip is to make sure
that you have a separate partition for the home directory. This way you can
just reinstall the OS without loosing many of your settings, emails data
etc. Re-install is often easier than trying to climb out of the pit, IMO.
Added bonus - you get really good at re-installing printers, scanners etc
:-)

Now, are their any LYX users around who can print to PDF now that this
facility has been withdrawn. (Some sort of licensing issue I believe). If
so, I'll pop along on 14th. Greg