[Wiltshire] CentOS

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Mon Mar 10 13:26:08 GMT 2008

At 12:46 10/03/2008, you wrote:
>On 10/03/2008, Andy Watts <g7mjv at btinternet.com> wrote:
> >  l've been reading up on CentOS  (www.centos.org) and it looks to be a
> >  nice, stable linux flavour..  Has anyone tried it ?
>
>I haven't, no.  I'd be interested to hear how you get on though.  I
>normally use Ubuntu myself, but for my little server at home CentOS
>might be a little easier to manage as I don't bother with a gui for it
>anyway.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jim

I'm running Ubuntu Server (Dapper) on two small servers which both
have the same fanless mini ITX board from Jetway. The one at work is
running Apache/subversion and CUPS for print jobs from windoze
desktops, and the one at home is currently just running an email
server and acting as a backup drive, but around May I'm intending to
upgrade the hard drive and install Hardy, then give it some more work to do.

They're both working perfectly.

Dave