[Wiltshire] CentOS

Lashley, Malcolm mlashley at sonusnet.com
Mon Mar 10 13:38:43 GMT 2008

Cie: So you're trying out a new distro based on the fact that someone
told you 'it's quick'? Wanna buy an L-reg peugeot 106 1.1l, it's quick
;-)

Andy: CentOS is just like RHEL, only without the RedHat branding and
paid-support. I've used it for machines that require RHEL, but as a
Gentoo man myself - I find all my Gentoo based servers and workstations
easier to admin, I guess it's the familiarity. The benefit of Centos, in
the world of commerce, is you are more likely to find someone with
commercial RHEL experience than you are any other distro (statement
based solely on my own statistically dubious sampling of CVs :)

Cheers,
Malc.