[Wiltshire] A stone to throw at Ubuntu (was CentOS)

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Mar 10 14:04:32 GMT 2008

On 10/03/2008, Ciemon Dunville <ciemon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/03/2008, Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk> wrote:
>  >  One thing that annoys me
>  >  intensely about Ubuntu is that the install barfs if you try to install
>  >  it without being connected to the Internet.
>
> Does it?

Last few times I've tried it it has.  It just hangs.  Maybe if your
network card isn't connected at all it might go on okay (I haven't
tried that), but if it finds a live network it will attempt to connect
to the repositories and hang.  I googled a workaround for it (start
another console and kill of the offending process then some other
stuff I can't remember) so it is (or was) a known issue.

Cheers,

Jim

--
Web Admin for Corsham Diary http://corshamdiary.org.uk