[Wiltshire] CentOS

Chris Covell chris at katjam.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 14:45:33 GMT 2008

I have used fedora pretty much since it came out and redhat v7, v7.3 and v8
before that for my workstation at home and my servers at work.

At my last firm we used Centos, because they wanted the system to look like
RedHat Enterprise but were too tight.

If you can handle the way redHat do things then centos is fine.

I believe that the desktop version of Ubunto is better than fedora (but i
have not tried it yet). But from a server point of view better the devil you
know, i would end up with Fedora/centos every time as i know it.

Chris