[Wiltshire] Library Presentation

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Mon Apr 27 09:45:42 UTC 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 10:25:07 Dianne Reuby wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 10:09 +0100, David Fletcher wrote:
> > Yes I know we've talked about this before, but I think the biggest
> > problem is that it's a long way from one end of Wiltshire to the
> > other, and Swindon has always been the hub of activity, even if that
> > does tend to be a monthly meeting in the pub.
>
> Wasn't Ciemon trying to organise some things in the south of the county?
> Did anything come of that?
>
> Dianne

There shouldn't be any problems at all for anybody who wants to organise
meetings elsewhere. It would IMHO be a Very Good Thing. Also it should be
fairly simple to put details of additional meetings on the web site.

The problem is, though, that the web site is public, and anybody who organises
a meeting of any sort needs to be able to guarantee that there will be
somebody at the venue to meet and greet new people who just come along for a
chat without making prior contact. In Swindon this isn't too much of a
problem as we have a "hard core" of a few individuals who are regularly
there, and I've started putting a sign on the table to make it obvious who we
are.

Dave