[Wiltshire] August meeting

Simon Iremonger wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Mon Aug 3 21:22:41 UTC 2009

> Something I keep wondering about because it will be happening sometime in the
> future but I've no idea when, because nobody seems to be taking any interest
> in something so fundamental, is IPV6.

Just as nobody else has mentioned this...
   AAISP  [ http://www.aaisp.net.uk/ http://sod.ms/ ]
   are a bit unusual in having been running IPv6 to customers for
   many years....

It seems that BT's network hasn't always supported this though.
BT Ipstream is part of the picture thought....
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/news/EkkFykVVylBkcXwBeu.html
BT causing trouble as usual!

I wonder what the situation with cable-modems is....
I guess they aren't as cheap to change as ADSL-modems?

Of course if you use (sub-optimal) tunneling it isn't an issue...

--Simon