[Wiltshire] Library presentation - Help Needed!

John Larkworthy john_larkworthy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 09:14:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have had a reply from the Library and they are happy to host a presentation in the Central Library on Saturday 25th April 10:00 - 15:00, in the  "Express" area. This is just inside the front door so all visitors to the library will pass close to our display.

I think we should have some interactive displays so the loan of a data projector would be good if it still available as the Library do not have one available that weekend.

I need volunteers to help with talking to people.
I need posters of Linux and FLOSS programs.

The aim is to encourage them to drop closed source products, including freeware or shareware and use open source programs. My view is initially on Windows so I recomend a look at the OpenDisc.org site for a DVD image and program suggestions. It would be nice to convince them that Linux is the way forward as we are a Linux User Group but I suspect the argument of I get the Operating System Free with my computer will weigh heavy with most visitors.

I had planned on having an image of the OpenDisc stored on my notebook so I could burn copies as needed but the image has grown to DVD size and I only have a CD burner in my notebook. Anyone with a notebook capable of burning DVD images care to join us? I can put the image on a DVD as a master as I have already downloaded it.

Regards,

John