[Wiltshire] Is firewall working?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Wed Oct 28 22:12:44 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 28 Oct 2009, Lugo Teehalt wrote:
> Thanks Simon,
>
> Will have to dwell on that site, it's a bit difficult to work out.
>
> Having just signed up to virginmedia broadband it would be easy to get the
impression that they have hardenned their thing against Linux.

> Phoned them and they activated the internet.  But the site:
activation.virginmedia.com refuses to work - complaining that the operating
system may be out of date.  Have tried making browser pretend to be IE or
Safari, and other tricks from internet but they won't get past the test their
website carries out.

> As a new user I do not know if this matters.  Does it matter I do not have a
username, password, email account or whatever?

I see what you mean. I just tried it, and get the same result.

This is an odd attitude, considering that Virgin Media hosts a mirror of the
Kubuntu download server.

I think a complaint is in order. Now I am wondering who to complain to?

Dave

--

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763