[Wiltshire] Ubuntu dual boot auto partitioning?

John Callam-Anderson john at kipple.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 19:16:48 UTC 2009

WOnder if anyone can give me a little advice? I've got to the
partitioning stage of my first dual boot Ubuntu install. I have a 20GB
XP system partition and 54.4GB free space (was my XP storage/data
partition).

If I select "Install them side by side" I can slide the slidey partition
thing (whatever that's called), but I don't see any Ubuntu partition
until I slide it into the XP one (thus reducing the windows space).

If I choose to "Use the largest continuous free space" I can set the
partitions with the slider correctly to the XP/20GB Ubuntu/54.5GB I
want, but then I'm not 100% sure it's going to sort all the Grub
business for me and let me choose which to boot. Or am I going to have
to sort it manually?

Hoping to finally make it to a meeting this month .. :)

--

John Callam-Anderson

@ john at kipple.co.uk
( 07989 69 34 41