[Wiltshire] DAQ // Comedi under Linux

Simon Fryer fryers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 21:12:20 UTC 2009

I was going to say something along the lines of what Ben has just
said. The SCADA system I work on is a Windows platform, even a lot of
the RTUs.

For actual analogue to digital conversion, Wago seem to produce a
comprehensive series of bricks that do most industrial sensing to most
widely implemented control interfaces. If I had deep pockets, or had
something someone else had to support it would be Wago. Check out the
Farnell web site.

If I am doing it for fun (a project I am planning at the moment), then
I would be using an AVR (or PIC) talking Modbus over serial to the
host PC/server.

Simon.