[Wiltshire] Introduction to Linux

Simon Iremonger wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Thu Feb 18 16:44:24 UTC 2010

> I have been contacted by an Engineer who is using SUSe
> Linux at their office and would like to know more about
I did look at it many years ago and didn't like it.
It seems to have an awful lot of patches and custom changes
   over-and-above what Debian type seem to... I found it to
   be buggy and breakable... at the time!  But I'm sure
   there are good points...

> Can anyone suggest a few good books on Linux and in
> particular SUSE linux?
I have a 'suse linux professional 9.1' userguide and
   Administration guide you are welcome to if you want it.
I'm not sure how good they are as beginners' guides....

> Cheers and thanks for any suggestions.
> John.
--Simon