[Wiltshire] Introduction to Linux

Stanley Chelchowski stanch at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 19 20:37:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have been using Suse and OpenSuse for 5 years or so, although I still
class myself as a newbie...
Which version of Suse or OpenSuse is your colleague using? - there are
differences between them which could confuse a novice.
I have found all books to be rather "thin" when I have needed to research an
issue. The Internet is a far greater source of information and possibly the
exact issue you are researching can be found with a variety of
solutions.....there are many forums out there where you can ask questions.
Unfortunately, occasionally, some issues are found to be bugs which greater
brains than mine design fixes and patches to resolve....that's the nature of
Linux...(schucks... kinda like dos, concurrent dos and CompuServe in the old
Digital Research days... )

Rgds.

Stan Chelchowski (sad old git..)