[Wiltshire] Low power server

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sat Jul 31 18:07:45 UTC 2010

I've now completed the rebuild of my low power Linux server. It's now looking
very much more tidy than it did before with only the six required connecting
cables inside and nothing redundant to impede the air flow. According to my
power meter it takes 27W when idling (a 50% improvement), 32W when hooked
into the computing grid via the boinc client which I believe takes all
available processing power not used by anything else.

Inside there's an Atom motherboard, a 1TB hard drive and the power supply.

If anybody would like to see it in the flesh at the next meeting please say
so. I am prepared to bring it in so long as somebody guarantees to give me a
lift home - I don't want to be standing at the bus stop with it under my arm
late at night.

Dave