[Wiltshire] Swindon LUG meetings

Simon Iremonger (wiltslug) wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Mon Jan 17 16:37:13 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-17 13:47, Tony Hessler (V) wrote:
> It's not all bad news. My daughter, currently at Bournemouth Uni
> is expected to provide work for assessment in Open Office format.
> Tony

In my uni they seem to like pieces of paper or plain text
  or pdf files....  The content seems to matter more.

They seem to have a generally agnostic policy of providing
  public-workstations that boot to suse-linux and windows
  and also mac-os-x machines.

They seem to like to provide multiple ways to get to email
  and provide both 'supported' and 'unsupported' applications
  for that and most applications sensibly...  Openoffice.org
  is always available, etc...

--Simon