[Wiltshire] Museum of Computing events

Dianne Reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 19:54:34 UTC 2011

Some future events:

Mar 12 and 19 National Science and Engineering Week
The theme is Communications, and we'll be having activities on both
Saturdays for all ages. Standard admission charges.

March 13 Tron gaming event / Metroplis / Tron
http://swindonfilmfestival.org/

Swindon Film Festival will be showing the original Tron and the
newly-mastered Metropolis at the Swindon Dance Studios (Town Hall),
tickets available from the museum. Anyone buying a ticket for either
film gets free admission to the museum on the Sunday from 14:00 - 19:15
for some Tron gaming.

March 26 Gaming on the Go Exhibition
http://tinyurl.com/3agf8ls
Gaming on the Go opens 26 March at the Museum of Computing in Swindon -
we'll have the new 3DS. Our kids club gave it 10 out of 10 when they
reviewed it for BBC Newsround, and were writing their 2011 Christmas
list as they left. :)  Standard admission charges.

May 14 Museums at Night - Overnight Games Programming Challenge
8pm to midnight.
Remember the 1980's when the Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore 64 were
deadly rivals? This was a time when anybody with a talent for
programming could write cool games in their bedroom and make a million!
No programming experience is needed, our resident experts will guide you
through the process of creating your dream game.
Admission is £6 which will include the staple diet of programmers
everywhere, pizza and cola. Pre-booking required -
info at museumofcomputing.org.uk or 07834 375628

Dianne