[Wiltshire] IPV6

John Larkworthy john_larkworthy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 15:07:01 UTC 2011

I  am not sure I see the need for IP6 everywhere. I suspect people will  tunnel
until such time as the ISP convert. This could be another 10  years away.

The only difficulty with not having IP6 connectivity  as I see it is the DNS
lookup on IP6 only sites will fail. Until there  are a large number of IP6 only
sites worth visiting we are stuck on  IP4  (with possible tunnelling for those
smart enough to do so).  I am  surprise that there are no commercial tunnelling
routers available at a  reasonable price.  A bit like my WAN/LAN router which
provide NAT  connection to the VM network and a local IP network internally. It
would  take some softwre but as well as offering dynamic DNS support it could
tunnel IP6 to a programmed end point.

Regards,

John