[Wiltshire] Bedroom Programming Challenge, Sat 14 May

Dianne Reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 9 18:46:10 UTC 2011

For the Museums at Night 2011 weekend, the Museum of Computing in
Swindon is holding a 'Bedroom Programming Challenge' evening on
Saturday 14th May from 20:00 until midnight.

Remember the 1980's when the Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore 64 were
deadly rivals? This was a time when anybody with a talent for
programming could write cool games in their bedroom and become a
millionaire. We can't promise that, but you will get to write your own
computer game!  No programming experience is needed, our resident
experts will guide you through the entire process.  Team entries are
welcome!

It's going to be a fantastic evening and the chance to release your
inner geek!

Age range: 8 to 80
Dress code : Pyjamas please but other nerdy evening wear is acceptable.

Admission: £6 per person which will include the staple diet of
programmers everywhere, pizza and cola.

Booking is essential for this event, if you want to reserve a place
please email us ASAP at geek at museumofcomputing.org.uk