[Wiltshire] Suitable netbooks

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sun Feb 12 12:21:20 UTC 2012

My old Pentium 4 Satellite laptop is still working but starting to show
signs of age i.e. something has broken in the hinge on one side of the
lid.

I fancy getting one of the Atom processor netbooks, but which one? They
all have 10 inch screens that have the same horizontal resolution as my
Satellite so that's OK.

What I would want to do before using it much is open it up, max out the
memory, remove the hard drive with microsoft on it and put in a blank
hard drive to install a Linux distribution. That way, if anything goes
wrong, I can put it back as it was when sold. So, I would like to ask if
anybody here has opened up any of the currently available netbooks to
get at the memory/hard drive, and if so how compatible with the current
Linux distributions is it?

Thanks

Dave