[Wiltshire] Hello!

Simon Iremonger (wiltslug) wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Thu Jun 21 11:51:45 UTC 2012

> much I liked it :-) After years in education being taught M$ products
> and programming languages I've been converted and now rarely boot into
> windows (minus the occasional gaming session).

It is all useful to learn and play with different systems and ideas
  rather than being centric on understanding one only.

Though, I see a lot of experienced users who just get rather fed up
  with Windows =).  But now they are getting fed up with the buginess
  and ethical-choices of Canonical/Ubuntu ...  But at least this is
  not a closed market, things can change etc.

> I've been learning bash scripting and playing with email servers for a
> while now. I don't have a cool PC like yourself or Dave, I just run a

I note, this set of articles, is quite useful, and also has
  an excellent 'why would you bother'...

http://linuxcommand.org/lc3_writing_shell_scripts.php

But, I don't want to perpetuate the myth that you need to
  use the command-line to manage such a system.  It is perfectly
  possible to find a distro that works for you and use all
  the graphical frontends.

Its' just useful, and its' easier to hand people a command
  rather than a long string of clicks and windows-boxes to
  use and so-on, etc...

Good luck =)

--Simon