[Wiltshire] Wiltshire Digest, Vol 127, Issue 2

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Sat May 26 23:30:00 UTC 2012

On 25 May 2012, at 11:36 PM, Chris Fox <chris at robotninja.net> wrote:

> On 25/05/12 21:29, ashley strutt wrote:
>> Hi Diane/Jamie,
>>
>> I've been working away for a while so couldn't complete the
>> questionaire but am interested in the hackspace.
>>
>> It looks like I will be away the day of the meeting but I am
>> wondering if you take suggestions for talks, presentations, etc.
>>
>> If so, can I suggest coding workshops. I think these would be a
>> good way for people like me who would like to learn.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ashley
>
> Hi,
>
> This is something I'd definitely be interested in too. I've done bits
> of coding in the past - mostly Java with the Open University - but
> it'd be great to learn in a more social environment :)
>
> Chris

Hi all,

I'm a C# coder by day (amongst other things) and have worked with various other languages in the past and present!

I've dabbled in "real" C while trying to do some Arduino stuff with reasonable success - though most of that was achieved by copying and pasting from the good old Internet plus some good guess work.

I've also tinkered with the Netduino boards a little (similar to Arduino but you can program them in C# so it's a bit easier - at least for me!) and have a Fez Panda board that's currently connected to a little GPS device and will log the coordinates to an SD card.

I'll risk sticking my head up and saying I wouldn't mind brining some of this stuff in and doing some demos or some coding workshops if people are interested. :-)

Might need a bit of time to refresh my memory because I've not played with it much recently. And some idea of what level to pitch stuff at.

And if people have any coding queries (not necessailry just C#) I'll do my best to help. Once youve worked with a few languages and know the basics I think the same principles apply to most. Well, maybe anyway!  We'll find out :-)

Anyway I'm planning on being there on wed night, so I'll see you then.

Cheers,
Robert.